- Ferguson’s massive cover-up: How police departments are protecting Darren Wilson
- STL grand jury weighs charges in Ferguson shooting
- Some Ferguson protesters shift focus to city’s historic district
- 11 things you should know about the murder of Mike Brown
- 5000 show up to Ferguson job fair
- When all the angels are white.
- Can black children be “angels”? The history behind the NY Times insult to Mike Brown.
- Moving beyond anger in Ferguson: A health journalists perspective
- Michael Brown Sr. to Darren Wilson: “Turn yourself in right now”
- How companies are profiting from police crackdowns
- Letter from The Criminal Justice Graduate Student Association of Eastern Kentucky Universtiy
- Teaching #Ferguson resources
- ArchCity Defenders: Municipal Courts White Paper
I need to vent
It’s time to EDUCATE YO’SELF.
pumpkinonline is a farming and dating RPG game (inspired by Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, if you’re into that) currently in the works. It’s gonna be the BEST DAMN MMORPG ON THE INTERWEBS, and I’ll tell you why:
- it will feature NPCs of multiple skin tones, physical ability levels, and body types.
- Character creation will feature MANY more skin tones than most RPGs allow (the creators are even designing a character with vitiligo).
- You won’t have to choose your character’s gender until AFTER YOU’VE CREATED YOUR AVATAR, so trans and nonbinary characters will be not only encouraged, but freaking possible. Your character can have any body you want—from rail-thin to “chubby”, big breasted or flat-chested, muscular or wiry—and THEN you get to choose how they identify.
- Your character can date or marry any NPC or player character in the game world, regardless of body or gender. Multiple player characters can date the same NPC and each play as if they are the only character dating that NPC.
- Into polyamory? Cool! You can date multiple NPCs in the game without drama, and will also be able to negotiate polyamorous relationships with other players in the game who are into it too!
- Asexual/aromantic? Also cool! Dating isn’t required in the game, and physical affection is mostly just implied rather than explicitly shown. You can farm to your heart’s content and make best friends with NPCs and other characters if that’s all you want to do.
- The head of the design team for the game is an African-American woman. Supporting diversity in gaming companies FTW.
- Speaking of the design team, they have been super helpful and responsive to people who want representation in the game. If you look at what’s being designed and you feel left out for some reason, contact them and they’ll try to fix it!
The reason I’m putting so much effort into this post is because Pumpkin Online, this massively inclusive and positive (and fun looking!) game is still in the fundraising process. They have 20 days (as of today) to raise $22,000 for the project. They have staggered levels of rewards on Kickstarter; a minimum $20 donation will get you beta access to the game. If you want this game to become a real thing, go donate here or at least signal boost the pumpkin guts out of this. Please. For me.
Reblog if you would date a bisexual person
Like if you wouldn’t because there is “too much competition”
Trying to prove a point to an asshole
ENTP: Sea Serpent
My OTP makes me go from “Oh my God, they are so cute" to "SLAM THAT BITCH AGAINST A WALL AND FUCK HIM UNTIL HE BEGS FOR MERCY”